MikroTik App

jo2jo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

real p2p performance of DISC Lite5 ac

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:03 am

hi,
Can anyone please provide some examples of real performance they are getting between two DISC Lite5 ac , in a p2p link ( RBDiscG-5acD , this product: https://mikrotik.com/product/disc_lite5_ac).

I realize there are alot of factors for any wireless 5g p2p link, but im mainly looking to replace a 1km p2p link that is currently running 2x SXTs (5ghz dual chain N version) .

(so im more looking for the DISC Lite5 ac performance vs other 5ghz radios, many of which im familari with or have in use) (i use mostly mikrotik for p2p links)

i also have a p2p link with 2x SXT Lite5 AC so i know the performance of those is great, but im trying to save $ on this upgrade (and disc lite5 ac is about 40% less)

I couldn't find any real world numbers in searching the forums for the SXT Lite5 AC. thanks.
:beep :beep :beep

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: real p2p performance of DISC Lite5 ac

Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:39 am

Unfortunately, I can not recommend it. Disc AC = ARM
Mikrotik has not responded to our requests for several months
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136002&start=300
LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:31 am

You can use Disc Lite as a frisbee, as a dish for dinner, as an Halloween Mask, as a friend on a desert island, but don't use it for PTP, PTMP or everything else that involves its wlan1.
ImageImage

woollettg
just joined

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:28 am

Don't buy this product. I have a pair and regret getting them. Good signal and snr but endless problems with link drops. Never had these issues with the deliberant gear they replaced.